- PhD in Statistics at the University of Sheffield, UK, 2010.
- MSc in Statistics at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2003
- BSc in Statistics at the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil, 2002
I am an applied Bayesian statistician. My main interest is on developing Bayesian statistical models to specific applied problems, usually public health problems. I am interested in problems where the usual statistical model assumptions (e.g. independence, normality) are not valid, this may explain the big variability among areas of application in my CV, varying from micro (analysis of mosquito data) to macro (National epidemics).
- My academic genealogy tree (Link)
- My Erdös number: 4 (Bastos > O’Hagan > Leonard > Taylor > Erdös)
- My Cox number: 3 (Bastos > O’Hagan > Leonard > Cox)